Friday, September 23, 2016

The Burial Canal of Dianne Masters

She thought she had met a man that loved her deeply.  She imagined a fairy tale life with her prince.  She longed for the days of riding into the sunset with her soul mate.

BOY WAS SHE WRONG!

Dianne met and dated Alan for some time.  He was a very impressive man, known by many.  As a divorce attorney in Cook County, he had power, and along with that, wealth.  Most police officers knew Alan very well.  What they kept to themselves was the fact that Alan was very proficient at making "problems" go away.  He had so many judges and police officials in his back pocket.  His generous payments to these law officials let some illegal activities continue to flourish.  His many connections made him a very valuable friend to those in the mob.  

Dianne did not know that Alan was married, and had two children.  When she found out, she was furious.  Alan told her that his marriage was not good, and that he only loved her.  She hung onto their relationship until he divorced his wife...TEN YEARS LATER.  She must have really loved him.

Their Marriage Years :

Dianne and Alan often met up with his friends for dinner.  It has been said that his friends propositioned her for sex.  Of course, she declined.  What kind of woman was she, after all.  But Alan did not appreciate her loyalty to him.  He supposedly got upset with her denial of "services" to his friends, and proceeded to beat her when they arrived home.

This evidently happened quite frequently, and it always ended the same way...he would apologize and shower her in lavish gifts.  But when she found him stepping out on her with other women, she threatened divorce.

Once again his anger would get the better of him.  He would beat her, and threaten that she would never be able to leave him....alive, that is.   He even threatened the lives of her parents.  If Dianne had friends in their home, it did not stop him from beating her.  They witnessed the brute that he was.

While he did not appreciate the first pregnancy of hers, demanding her to abort...she became pregnant again, and hid it from him until it was too late to abort.  That condition did not stop him from his brutal beatings.  Dianne gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, and the beatings continued.

Working in the community, Dianne met a wonderful man who treated her very well, with respect and dignity.  They soon became involved, and Alan's friends had seen the couple together.  They told Alan that his wife was seeing another man. When she returned home that day, it would be the last time anyone saw her....alive.  Alan beat her  badly and placed her body in the trunk of her car.

Masters knew the police chief of Willow Springs very well.  He told the chief that Dianne wanted to divorce him and she had been seeing another man.  He said she could not get away that easily, so he beat her and put her into the trunk of her car.  The chief opened the trunk and shot Dianne in the head.
He then drove off in Dianne's car, with her in the trunk.

Alan had reported Dianne as a missing person several days later.  No one had any idea what had happened to her. All of her colleagues were baffled.  No one had seen or heard from her. Some knew that Alan had dealings with the mob and there were whispers that perhaps that had something to do with her vanishing suddenly.

Nine months later, while the police were dredging the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal, they found Dianne's car, with her in the trunk.  They were pulling 41 cars out of the canal that had been reported stolen, or had been used in various crimes. Dianne's body was examined, showing bullet wounds to the head and a crushed skull.

The detectives did their work very well, and both Alan Masters and the Willow Springs  police chief were charged and found guilty of the murder of Dianne Masters.  Alan was given 40 years, and the police chief was given 20 years.

The former police chief published a book with the nephew of Sam Giancana. He died of lung cancer at the age of 60.  Alan Masters died at the age of 65 while incarcerated at a federal prison.

images.google.com

Dianne Masters, late wife of Alan Masters. Last seen driving her 1978 yellow and white Cadillac in the southwest suburbs of Chicago after meeting with members of  community college board on March 19, 1982. Her remains were found in December of 1983.
images.google.com
Former police chief, Michael Corbitt, sentenced to 20 years after being found guilty of being involved in the disappearance and murder of Dianne Masters, wife of Corbitt's friend, Alan Masters. Corbitt wrote Double Deal with Sam Giancana, nephew of the reputed mob boss of the same name.








stories about this murder can be found in various newspapers across the internet.  most are found in 1982 and 1983 about Dianne's disappearance and body recovery.


8 comments:

  1. Dianne Masters was so sweet and so pretty. Her bastard of a husband didn't deserve someone as gorgeous as her. Oh he was so cruel and so violent and his vicious temper was uncontrollable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am at work, sitting at my desk, crying openly as I read this. She is..was, my best friend's mother. We went to school together, law school, and I think about her so often that I'm finally trying to track her down. I know her side of it, the sadness and the void it left behind. Her mother was beautiful and so is she. Imagine if I am in tears thinking about it, what that little girl, adolescent, and beautiful, professional women felt growing up without a mother, and without a father, the inner turmoil, and the stigma of it all. I've held her, hugged her, felt her pain, and brought her to all MY family events b/c..well, she is still my family. BUT, we laughed more often than anything else. I was an idiot for losing touch with her. I was, after all, in my 20's ;). I'm sure there is a reason I can't find my friend on the internet. She doesn't want to be found. She will remain the brightest, funniest, most beautiful person I've ever known and I'm so very sorry I lost touch. I was lost myself. I hope she contacts me if she ever reads this. She, on the other hand, WILL find me. Hehe. I miss my friend, my love muffin, and I hope she is being living her own fairy tale being treated like a queen somewhere and ....happy.

      Yes it's a sad, tragic, horrific story, but also a testament that we can overcome the sins of our parents

      Delete
    2. almost feel sorry for Diane's First husband Serving in a war zone in Viet Nam 1969 and She Sends a dear john letter to him there in viet nam once his friends told her husband she cheated on him several times while he was gone >> she was a friend of my Ex sister in law She was Very loose woman screwed EVERYONE she was introduced to So sad she died at the the hands of another Prick Lawyer but there are NO halo's over her head.. Trust me I know a thing or two about a thing or two my sister in law was 'SEEING " Corbitt when this took place . my sister in laws husband divorced her when he found out these two shacked up many times at the motel (notell) on southwest Hyw. and Harlem a four hour motel... many twists in these peoples lives live by the sword die by the sword I guess.. dont know if Dianes first husband is till alive , Ronald Mueller

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This is strange that I decided to read this today. I was telling my friend about this story. I knew the scumbags involved with the mothers murder. I was married to a guy who's family (the Doogan's) practically owned the town of Willow Springs. If I knew your friend's name, maybe I could help you find her.

      Delete
    2. like to know if Diane Masters first husband is still alive would be about 70 71 yrs old Ex Viet nam Vet I am from same area Nottingham Park knew all these players and some not mentioned... Lenny Masters Alans Brothers a Legit nice guy BUT owned a currency exchange and made car titles and registrations My dad and Bother USED alan as a handy guy for problems with car titles license etc etc and Dianes Best friend One very sexy little flirt dated Corbitt few times lIke to hear back uSe this email lacroixx1@hotmail.com

      Delete
  3. This is strange that I decided to read this today. I was telling my friend about this story. I knew the scumbags involved with the mothers murder. I was married to a guy who's family (the Doogan's) practically owned the town of Willow Springs. If I knew your friend's name, maybe I could help you find her.

    ReplyDelete